Update—May 25, 2012: The comment period has ended for the Draft Recovery Plan for coho salmon populations in Southern Oregon and Northern California. The draft plan identified Coho Salmon Core Recovery Watersheds for the region. These include: the Illinois, Smith, Chetco and Elk River Watersheds in our area. Links to the chapters for these rivers and other information are shown below. The next step in the process will be the release of the final recovery plan. Thank you for submitting comments.
- Read the Federal Register Notice about how and where to comment – here.
- Access NOAA Fisheries Draft Recovery Plan, where you can download NOAA’s comment form – here.
There’s additional information at Save Our Chetco River. Here are direct links to the chapters (which include maps) on the rivers of the Kalmiopsis Wildlands.
- Chapter 30 – Illinois River Basin population
- Chapter 15 – Smith River Basin population
- Chapter 13 – Chetco River Basin population